FileZilla is the faster and reliable source of FTP (File Transfer Protocol) customers out there, incorporated with many exotic features and an innate graphical interface for the users. It gets facilitated on SourceForge, which has gained notoriety for bundling bloatware alongside the applications. That’s not even worth it at all! Now, many web developers are finding the best possible FileZilla alternatives for Windows 10 to avail FTP connected with website servers or remote servers. If you are one of them, then you come to the right place. This article summarizes the 5 extravagant Filezilla alternatives to Windows 10, which are enlisted below.
5 Best Alternatives to FileZilla for Windows 10
The most reliable source of FileZilla alternative for Windows 10 refers as Cyberduck. Every web developer loves to avail of it because of its clean interface and not dealing with serious issues even if you use it the first time. The best part is the Cyberduck app is free, and usually, users can be part of donations of their own choice.
It is a primary solution provider of FTP but is also associated with a myriad of protocols, including Google cloud storage, SFTP, S3, WebDAV, etc., to fulfill web development needs. In addition, Cyberduck offers the following host of features for web developers:
- Open up any file in a specified third-party editor over FTP such as Sublime Text, Text Wrangler, etc.
- Select the editor of the user’s requirements for file editing.
- Have a feature of bookmarks for organizing the sheets efficiently.
- Able to look at the various file in Quick Look (seems like you would already save it in the computer). It means the app has access to the remote files on the user’s computer without even downloading.
- Have a feature of different types of character encoding, like you can display text in Chinese, Japanese, and Umlaute.
- Have the support of file transfer with the help of caching for achieving the best performance.
Cyberduck is a mini-file sharing application integrated with multiple exotic features that have mentioned above. That’s why most developers are paving their way to the Cyberduck.
Available Platforms: Windows and Mac as a GUI client, Linux distros as a CLI utility
Another renowned FileZilla alternative for Windows 10 is WinSCP, having a variety of beneficial features. It is a prime supporter of FTP but also links with other protocols such as SCP, SFTP, and WebDAV. Apart from it, WinSCP has the pack of multiple features, which are:
- Have a function of Live editing, which means it can easily edit the files on its server.
- Have an inbuilt text editor for editing the files live on the server.
- Doesn’t have the ability to save a copy of remote file temporarily on the computer. When you restore the file, it will automatically upload on the server and keep you out from the drag and drop tussle of the file on the remote server.
- Set up the master password on the application keeping the user’s information protected in WinSCP.
- Have an option of portable mode that makes it handy for users.
Available Platforms: Windows
3. CuteFTP Pro
CuteFTP Pro is an expensive one of all FileZilla alternatives for Windows 10. Its user interface is not compatible with Mac but works well on Windows. Although it is considered a renowned client of FTP, it also has an association with other protocols such as WebDAV, S3, and SFTP. CuteFTP has a diverse range of features which are as follows:
- Have an option of scripting feature, which allows making scripts. This helps to reduce the manual operation and can easily automate the tasks, such as local file system checking or automated server files backup.
- Add a feature of one-time password along with the password manager inside it.
- Become a safe and secure connection with multiple remote sites at the same time.
Available Platforms: Windows, macOS
Installation: 30-day free trial, costs $59.99
4. CrossFTP Pro
CrossFTP Pro entails the cross-platform of FileZilla alternative for Windows 10, Mac, and Linux distros. The interface is quite complicated and has many features for supporting the protocols like FTPS, STFPS, S3, and WebDAV. Moreover, it is featured with live editing. Users can edit the files on their choices and automatically upload the updated file to the connected FTP server.
CrossFTP also has tabbed mode support for connecting the different servers at one time. Furthermore, it offers the users the service of character encoding like CJK, Unicode, etc. It allows users to extract, compress, and archive files and is also associated with a feature that will enable you to transfer file slots with preview, favorites, and history in the app.
Available Platforms: Mac, Windows, and Linux distros
Installation: Free trial, costs $24.99
Bitkinex is an entirely free Filezilla alternative for Windows. It does not only support FTP but is also connected with WebDAV, Telnet, and SFTP. Unluckily, its support is officially connected to Windows 7. The execution of Bitkinex is easily understandable, especially like FileZilla clients. Bitkinex benefits from the linked data sources and transfers the files between the computer and remote server. Following are the features that Bitkinex is catering to their clients:
- Have a user requests controller means Bitkinex keeps an eye on every user request and can continue it via an app like deleting files, moving files, building directories, etc.
- Have the ability to transfer the files from one server to another without even knowing the operating protocols.
- BitKinex gets featured with multi-part transfers, parallel request processing, requests scheduler, and much more.
Available Platforms: Windows
FTP gives leverage to the users managing the files on the remote server efficiently and is a quick and simple method. Therefore, feel free to utilize a valuable application, Filezilla, notwithstanding, in the condition that users are worried about bloatware, and assuming you get tied up with the cases made against the security in FileZilla, you should evaluate one of the previously mentioned FTP customers. Go ahead and share your ponderings with the customers that have already tuned with it.