PayPal is arguably one of the most popular payment systems with millions of users around the world. It’s surely very popular, but it comes with hefty fees, making it less desirable for many users, especially when it comes to international payments. Luckily, some really good payment systems are available that offer smooth international payments with a nominal fee. If you are interested, keep reading because we will tell you about the 3 best alternatives to PayPal for international payments. Let’s get started.
Table of Contents
3 Best Alternatives to PayPal for International Payments
PayPal is a very reliable payment system, but it’s not the only one, and there are other reliable payment systems as well. In this section, we will share the 3 best alternatives to PayPal for international transactions.
Let’s start with Skrill which is undoubtedly one of the best alternatives to PayPal for international payments. The best thing about Skrill is that it’s a big company with millions of users around the world. In addition, the whole process of making a Skrill account is straightforward, and the website assists in the process, which makes it easier to create an account.
When it comes to features, Skrill is as good as PayPal. You get the chargeback protection feature which makes sure that your money stays safe. In addition, it comes with an advanced fraud management system that makes sure that you are protected from fraud. Also, Skrill comes with API and various integration options, which you can use to integrate Skrill into your website and receive payments from your customers worldwide.
When it comes to fees, Skrill is very affordable. The account is free, and you won’t have to pay a single penny as long as you make one transaction every 12 months. On the other hand, the company charges $4.99 per transaction on international transactions. Overall, if you are looking for a reliable alternative to PayPal with a better fee structure and features, Skrill is a solid option.
- Account opening is easy.
- Works well for the international payment
- It also accepts bitcoin payments.
- Chargeback protection
- API & various integration
- Safe & reliable
- Also offers prepaid card ($10 annual fee)
- The verification process can take some time.
Payoneer is another trendy alternative to PayPal for international payments. The best thing about Payoneer is that it’s reliable, and its low fee makes it more desirable for SMBs and regular users. The whole process of creating an account on Payoneer is straightforward. The company may also need your documents to verify your identity, and once it’s confirmed, you can easily make payments.
Payoneer offers various ways which you can use to receive payments from your clients around the world. The platform also supports different currencies, including the Dollar and Euro, making it easier to accept payments in the currency you want.
The great thing about Payoneer is that it has partnered with many popular platforms, including Amazon, Upwork, and others, making it easier to receive payments from supported platforms. On top of that, you can also get your prepaid debit card from Payoneer issued by MasterCard, and you will be able to use your funds anywhere you want.
When it comes to fees, Payoneer charges 3% if you receive or send payments via credit cards or 1% if you use ACH Bank Debits. Similarly, it charges a 2% fee when you withdraw your funds to the bank account. Overall, if you are looking for a reliable PayPal alternative with low fees and a worldwide presence, Payoneer is an excellent option for you.
- Accounts are opened easily.
- All accounts are verified by customer support.
- Easier to receive payments from worldwide
- It supports many local currencies, including Dollar, Pound, Euro, and more.
- Good customer support
- It is ideal for SMBs, independent contractors, and average users.
- Verification can take some time.
If you are an internet business owner and you have customers worldwide, you can consider Shopify Payments. It’s arguably one of the best alternatives to PayPal, especially regarding payments from international customers.
The best thing about Shopify Payments is that it accepts payments from credit cards directly, which makes it easier for customers to send payments. It also comes with an extensive dashboard that provides detailed information of all transactions in one place.
Another great thing about Shopify Payments is that it works well with Facebook Shops, Amazon, eBay, and other popular sites. When it comes to pricing, Shopify Payments have a subscription-based model and offers the following plans.
- The basic plan will cost you $29 per month. It will charge $2.9 + $0.30 for online payments and a 2% additional fee if users use non-Shopify payment providers.
- The standard Shopify plan will cost you $79 per month. On top of that, it will charge $2.9 + $0.30 for online payments and a 2% additional fee if users use non-Shopify payment providers.
- The Advanced Shopify Plan will cost you $299 per month. It will charge $2.4% + $0.30 for online credit card payment and an additional 0.5% fee if users use non-Shopify payment providers.
Overall, Shopify Payments is a great option if you are an internet business owner and have regular payments. Otherwise, Skrill & Payoneer are better options.
- Seamless integration with Shopify
- Allow receiving payments using credit cards
- Simple fee structure
- Ideal for a large chunk of international payments
- Not ideal for small transactions
- Not a perfect option for small-scale businesses
- No Chargeback Protection
That’s all, folks! These are the 3 best alternatives to PayPal for international payments. Other payment systems such as Google Pay, Apple Pay, and Samsung Pay are good, but they have a lot of limitations which make them not ideal alternatives to PayPal. We hope that you found this guide useful, don’t forget to share it with your friends and visit our website for more helpful guides.