Google Chrome supports native Windows 10 notifications in Action Center. Websites that are configured to push notifications can display notifications on the lower-right corner, similar to other installed apps on Windows 10.
You can enable or disable Google Chrome native notifications from the built-in Chrome flags page. In this guide, you’ll learn how to enable Chrome native notifications on Windows 10.
Enable Chrome native notifications on Windows 10
You just need to check out following simple steps to enable native notification feature in Google Chrome.
- Open the Google Chrome browser, and type the following path in the address bar and hit enter.
- To enable native notifications, select ‘Enabled’ option from the drop-down menu.
- Restart your browser by clicking the ‘Relaunch Now’ button.
This feature is now enabled. From now on, all Chrome notifications will pop-up in Windows 10 Action Center. And, If you prefer Chrome’s own way of displaying notifications, you may disable this feature in the same Chrome flags page.
Customize Chrome native notifications experience
If you want to customize the experience, you can do it in the Notifications settings page on Windows 10.
- Go to Notifications settings page (‘Settings’ > ‘System’ > ‘Notifications & actions’)
- Under ‘Get notifications from these senders’, select Google Chrome.
Here you can customize many aspects of this feature, including notifications sound, banner notifications, number of notifications, priority of notifications etc.
Chrome’s native notifications also support Windows 10’s Focus Assistant. Focus Assistant feature helps you mute notifications when you don’t want to be disturbed. You can configure it here, ‘Settings’ > ‘System’ > ‘Focus Assist’ (select time and activities under ‘Automatic rules’).
Allow websites to push notifications
To experience native Chrome notifications on Windows 10, make sure to allow some websites to push notifications. You can allow notifications for a specific website following these steps.
- Open Google Chrome, and visit the website you want to allow its notifications for.
- Click the padlock icon to the left of the website address, and click on the ‘Site settings’ option.
- Click on the drop-down menu for ‘Notifications’, and select allow.
That’s it ?