How to Add Partner Numbers to the Starbucks App (2023)
Being a Starbucks partner gives you access to discounts on your favorite drinks, food, and merchandise in any company-operated Starbucks store. This applies to orders you make in the Starbucks app and in-store purchases. But before you enjoy these perks, you need to make sure your partner number and Starbucks partner cards are added to your Starbucks account. In this article, we will show you how to add partner numbers to Starbucks app.
Adding your partner numbers to the Starbucks app
What’s good about being a Starbucks partner is that you can enjoy partner discounts on your orders and purchases. But before you start placing your orders online or buying in-store, you need to remember these:
- You need to access your Starbucks account in the website to add your partner number to enjoy mobile order discounts. You can also download their app.
- Your partner card should be added to your Starbucks mobile app as a gift card to enjoy in-store discounts
- Tap the Scan icon in your Starbucks app to load your partner code whenever you pay at the register
You may also like: How to Order Water on the Starbucks App 2023
Link your partner number through the Starbucks website
Before you start, you need to make sure that you are on desktop mode if you are using a mobile phone or a tablet.
- Safari – Tap on “Aa” on the address bar and select “Request Desktop Website”
- Chrome – At the top-right or bottom-right corner, tap on the three dots and select “Request Desktop Website”
- Samsung Internet Browser – Tap on the three lines located at the bottom-right part of the page and select “Desktop site”
After switching to desktop mode (if you are on your phone or tablet), follow these easy steps:
1. Pull up your web browser and go to https://www.starbucks.com
2. Click on sign in if you already have an existing Starbucks account. If you do not have a Starbucks account yet, you will need to create an account first.
- If you have an existing Starbucks account, just enter your log in details and continue signing in
- If you need to sign up for a new account, click on “Join now”. Just fill out the form with the necessary details and then try to sign in
3. Go to your account page by clicking on “Account” on the upper right part of the page
4. Click on “Personal info”
5. Select “Add your partner number”
6. Add your partner number, as well as your last name. You partner number should be 6-8 digits and your last name should be the one registered on your Starbucks pay stubs
7. Click on “Save”
After going through these steps, you should be able to enjoy partner discounts whenever you order from Starbucks using your mobile app.
Link your partner card through the Starbucks app
You will need your 16-digit partner card number and your 8-digit PIN to add your partner card to the mobile app as a gift card. If you still don’t have a physical partner card, you can get this information from MyPartnerInfo (MPI).
- In your web browser, go to https://mypartnerinfo-ext.starbucks.com/partnerportal
- Log in to your account using your partner number and password
- Click on “Partner Card”
Follow these steps to add your partner card as a gift card in the app:
1. Launch the Starbucks app in your phone or tablet
2. Sign in using your login details. You don’t have to create a new account if you already have a Starbucks Rewards account. If you don’t have one yet, sign up for a Starbucks account first
3. Go to your profile by tapping the profile icon
4. Tap on “Starbucks Cards & payment”
5. Tap on “Got a gift card? Add it here.”
6. Type in your partner card number and PIN
7. Tap “Add card”
After going through these steps, you should be able to enjoy partner discounts whenever you go to Starbucks stores and place an order.
You may also like: How to Tip on the Starbucks App 2023
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I still get partner discounts after I quit?
No. Once your resignation has taken effect, your partner card and numbers will also be deactivated in the system and discounts will no longer be applied to your orders and purchases. Unfortunately, after quitting as a Starbucks barista, you will no longer be eligible for partner discounts. The Starbucks Partner Card, which provides discounts on food and beverage purchases, can only be used while actively employed. Additionally, your former Starbucks partner number will no longer be valid, meaning you won’t be able to earn rewards or discounts by linking your purchases to your account.
Do I get free drinks as a Starbucks partner?
Yes! As a Starbucks partner, you get one food item and multiple drinks for free during your shift. An addition to that, you will also get a 30% discount on your food and drinks when you come in on your day off once you add your partner card number and 8-digit number.
Once you’ve added your partner number to your Starbucks account, you will be eligible for free drinks whenever you visit Starbucks. So whether you’re a budgeting barista or a Starbucks partner, you can enjoy complimentary beverages as a perk of being a part of the Starbucks team. #starbuckspartner #starbucksbarista #tobeapartner #thebudgetingbarista
Do I get a free Spotify Premium subscription as a Starbucks partner?
You don’t only get discounts, free drinks and food items being a Starbucks partner. You can also enjoy a free Spotify premium subscription which you can enjoy the moment you get hired. If you are a Starbucks partner, you can get a free Spotify Premium subscription by following a few simple steps. To start, add a Starbucks gift card to your account using the desktop version of the app or the Android app.
Then, contact the Starbucks Partner Contact Center to get your unique first-time user link. Once you have the link, follow the steps to create a new Spotify account or link it to your existing one. Within 14 days, you will receive a scannable Starbucks eGift Card for a 30-day free trial of Spotify Premium.
Starbucks partners get to enjoy a lot of perks. These include free food items and drinks during your shift, as well as getting discounts whenever you order in the app or at the store. Now that we’ve shared with you how to add your partner numbers to the Starbucks app, you’ll be able to enjoy your partner discount.
You may also like: How to Add Starbucks Gift Card to the App (2023)