Amazon is incredibly convenient for online shopping. You can find almost anything you want, often without paying sales tax. When ordering on Amazon, you can choose which credit card to pay with and where your packages will be delivered. But what if you want your packages sent to a different address than your default? Maybe you only have access to certain addresses in person or want to avoid package theft. This article will show you how to change your default shipping address on Amazon.
You can follow our guide below or watch this quick video tutorial.
Changing Your Address for a Pre-Order
If you’ve placed a pre-order on Amazon and need to change the shipping address, here’s how:
Log Into Your Amazon Account
- Go to Amazon.com and log into your account.
- Hover over “Account & Lists” in the top right and click on “Account”.
Add a New Address
- Scroll down and click on “Your Addresses” under “Ordering and shopping preferences”.
- Click the plus symbol above “Add Address” to add a new address.
- Enter the new address details and check “Make this my default address”.
- Click “Set as default” at the bottom to make this your default shipping address.
It’s that easy to add a new address for your pre-order shipment!
Changing Your Address During Checkout
What if you need to change the shipping address while placing a new order? Follow these steps:
Add Items to Your Cart
- Add all desired items to your Amazon cart.
- Go to your cart and click “Proceed to checkout”.
Select a New Address
- On the shipping address page, choose which address you want to ship to.
- Or, add a new address here if needed.
Simply select or add the preferred address during checkout to ship to a different location.
Changing the Address for an Existing Order
Already placed an order but need to change the shipping address? Here’s what to do:
Access Your Orders
- Log into your Amazon account.
- Hover over “Account & Lists” and click on “Orders”.
Update the Address
- Locate the order and click on it.
- Change the shipping address for this order.
It’s easy to modify the shipping address on an existing order through your Amazon account.
Set a New Default Address
Want to change your default shipping address for all future orders?
- Follow steps 1-2 from the pre-order section above.
- Click the address you want to make the default.
- Select “Set as default” to update your default shipping address.
Changing your Amazon default address is quick and easy. Simply add a new address, choose an alternate address during checkout, or update an existing order. You can also set a new default address for all future Amazon orders. Updating your shipping address ensures your packages arrive safely at your preferred location.
Use an Amazon Locker for Secure Delivery
If you’re concerned about package theft, consider shipping to an Amazon Locker location instead of your home address. You’ll get a pickup code to retrieve your package from the Locker at your convenience.
Enable Delivery Notifications
Turn on delivery notifications in your Amazon account settings. You’ll get updates by text or email when your package ships and arrives so you know when to expect it.