Your Samsung refrigerator needs some thorough cleaning from time to time. It’s pretty easy to remove expired items, but cleaning the glass may be a little tricky. In this article, we will show you how to remove the glass from a Samsung fridge so it will be easier for you to clean it.
If the glass shelves on your Samsung refrigerator need more thorough cleaning, you will need to remove them first. But before you start, you need to take note of the following first:
- Be extra careful while removing and cleaning the glass shelves. They may be thick, but it does not mean that they won’t break
- Lay a thick cloth (like a towel) before you place the glass shelves on a table or on the floor
- Make sure the glass is at room temperature before cleaning it. The change in the temperature may cause the glass shelf to break
Here are the steps on how to remove and clean the glass shelf on your Samsung refrigerator. The steps may differ based on your refrigerator’s model, so it’s still advisable that you check your user manual first.
How to remove a glass from the fridge shelf on your Samsung refrigerator
- Turn your fridge off and remove the plug from the power outlet
- Make sure there is enough space for you while you remove the glass shelves by leaving the fridge doors open
- Since you are removing glass shelves from your fridge, it’s best that you remove the contents of your refrigerator first
- Locate all the clips, latches, and clasps that hold the glass shelves in place and gently remove them
- Once the clasps and clips have been removed, gently pull the glass shelf from the refrigerator. In case it does not slide smoothly, do not force it. Check if something is stuck like food particles, and remove them first
- Carefully remove the glass from the shelf
- You may now start cleaning the glass panes. Use water and glass cleaner, or mild detergent. Then, wipe the glass dry using a lin-free cloth
- Once you’re done cleaning the glass panes, just follow the steps in reverse
Also see: How to Unlock a Samsung Oven
How to remove a glass shelf from your Samsung French door refrigerator
1. Turn your fridge off and remove the plug from the power outlet
2. Make sure there is enough space for you while you remove the glass shelves by leaving the fridge doors open
3. Locate the fruits and vegetables drawer. Angle the drawers a little toward the center of the refrigerator while you slide them out to fully remove them
4. Look for the tabs. They are usually located on both sides of the divider of the drawers or the housing of the water filter
5. To separate the shelf from the water filter housing, just apply a little pressure and press on the tabs
6. Slightly lift the glass shelf up as you gently pull it out of the fridge until it’s completely removed. Try pulling the glass shelf out while you angle one side downward
7. Look for the glass retainer clips. You can find them at the back left or the right corners, just where the glass and the white plastic meets
8. Carefully turn the shelf over. Place it on a thick cloth to avoid breaking it. Then, look for the tabs holding the retainer clips
9. Lift the back corners of the shelf one at a time. Then, push the tab that holds the retainer clips in place gently
10. Once you’re done removing the retainer clips, separate the glass and the shelf frame by gently raising the shelf
11. You may now start cleaning the glass panes. Use water and glass cleaner, or mild detergent. Then, wipe the glass dry using a lin-free cloth
12. Once you’re done cleaning the glass panes, just follow the steps in reverse
Frequently Asked Questions
What happens if I break the retainer clips?
If you happen to break the retainer clips from the Samsung refrigerator glass shelf, you will have to get a replacement for the entire shelf. This is because you cannot replace them individually. The retainer clips are part of the glass shelf assembly.
Can I still use the glass shelves even if the retainer clips are broken?
Yes. You will still be able to put the glass shelves back even if the clips are already damaged. Just note that since the clips are what holds the glass shelves in place, you need to be extra careful when moving the shelves to prevent them from dropping.
To be able to thoroughly clean your Samsung refrigerator, you will need to remove the glass shelves first. The steps on how to remove the glass from a Samsung fridge are quite easy to follow. Just remember to be extra careful not to break the glass panel, wait until they’re at room temperature, and only use mild detergent in cleaning them.