You may be enjoying Cash App service because of its convenience but have you ever tried sending money to someone and cannot find them? It’s possible that you accidentally blocked that person. That’s why we are going to share with you how to unblock someone on Cash App.
How to Unblock Someone from Cash App
Whether you did it on purpose or not, when someone is blocked from your Cash App, they will not be able to send or request money from you. And you also won’t be able to send and request money from that person.
Follow these steps on how to unblock someone on Cash App:
1. Open Cash App on your device and log in.
2. Go to your profile and tap on “Transaction History.” This will show all the previous transactions you’ve made.
3. Go through the transactions and look for the one you’ve made with the person you want to unblock.
4. Go to the person’s profile.
5. Tap on the three dots at the upper right part and select “Unblock.”
6. Refresh the app and you should be able to see the user in your Contacts list.
Note: If these steps did not work, you will need to contact Cash App support for additional help.
You might also like: How to Change Cash App From Business to Personal (2023)
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Cash App?
Cash App is a P2P payment app that lets you send, receive, or invest money. It offers services like Venmo and PayPal. Through this app, you will be able to send and receive funds, and also set direct deposits.
Will the person be notified when I block them?
No. People will not receive a notification when you block them on Cash App. But they will not be able to see you on their contacts list and will not be able to send or request funds from you. Although they will not get notified when you block them, not being able to search your profile is already a sign for them.
Are there other ways to prevent someone from sending/requesting funds aside from blocking them?
None. The only way to stop someone from requesting or sending you money is by blocking them. But there is still a way somehow, to block fund requests.
If you don’t want to block someone on Cash App, you can turn off requests. Here’s how you turn off Cash App requests:
- Open Cash App and log in to your account.
- Go to your profile.
- Tap on Settings and Privacy.
- Scroll through the options and look for “Incoming Requests.”
- Toggle this option off by tapping on it.
After saving the changes in your settings, you will no longer receive requests from other Cash App users. Remember that this setting applies to everyone, and not just to specific people from your contacts.
You might also like: How to Decline Cash App Request
Will the person get in trouble if I block them on Cash App?
No. Blocking someone will only restrict them from searching you, and sending or requesting funds from you. They will not be reported when you block their profile.
If you think there is fraudulent or suspicious activity in a Cash App profile, you can report them as well. Here are the steps on how to do it:
- Open Cash App and search for the profile you want to report.
- Scroll through the user’s account until you reach the bottom
- Tap the “Report” button. You will be prompted to enter the reason why you wish to report the user.
Why can’t I send or request funds from someone I just unblocked?
There could be a few reasons why this happened. Check the following scenarios and see if one of them is the cause why you still can’t send or request funds:
- You did not refresh the app. After you unblock someone on Cash App, try closing the app and relaunch it again. This normally fixes the issue.
- The person also blocked you on Cash App. There is also a chance that the person you are trying to send or request funds from also blocked you. You may need to check if you can still see them from your Contacts list. If not, there is a possibility that they blocked you back.
- Your Cash App is not updated. Go to the App store or Play Store and check if your app is updated to the latest version.
- If you can already search the user and updated your app but still cannot send or request funds from them, you will need to contact Cash App support to help you further.
You might also like: How to Cancel Subscriptions on Cash App
You will not be able to send or request funds from a Cash App user you blocked and vice versa. Now that we’ve shared the steps on how to unblock a person on Cash App, you should be able to continue doing transactions with them. Note that if you don’t want to receive Cash App requests, you can block specific users, or turn off all requests entirely.