How to Order a Medicine Ball on the Starbucks App
It’s the holiday season which means that the flu and cold season is starting. With feeling a little under the weather and sniffing, a nice warm drink can surely help a lot. In this article, we will share with you how to order a medicine ball on the Starbucks app.
You might also like: How to Add Partner Numbers to the Starbucks App (2023)
How to order the cold buster on Starbucks app
Starbucks’ medicine ball was part of the coffee shop’s secret menu before and was only available in-store and drive-thru. It’s also sometimes called the “cold buster” or “sick tea.” Now that it’s part of the official menu and available in the app, it could still be confusing to order it on the app because the term “medicine ball” will not show you results.
- Go to the Starbucks app and select the location and store you want to order from.
- Go to the menu to place your order. In the menu, tap on the “Hot Teas” category and select “Green Teas.”
- You will find “Honey Citrus Mint Tea.” This is the Starbucks medicine ball’s official menu name. This option should be between the “Jade Citrus Mint Brewed Tea” and the “Matcha Tea Latte.”
- Choose your drink size. Just like other Starbucks drinks, they also offer short, tall, grande, and venti sizes for the medicine ball. NOTE: If venti is not enough for you, the medicine ball is also available in trenta size. But you need to order this personally at the store or drive-thru because it’s not available for online orders.
- Although the medicine ball already contains a couple of ingredients, you can still customize and adjust to your liking. Just tap on the “Customize” option in the app to adjust the lemonade, honey, or tea bags in your drink.
Just finish placing your order by selecting your payment method. You will also select if you want to do a self-pick up at the store or drive-thru. If you are not available to do so, you can use third-party food delivery apps like UberEats, DoorDash, or GrubHub.
You might also like: How to Order Water on the Starbucks App 2023
How to make your own medicine ball
Ordering your cold buster drink on the Starbucks app is easy but it could be a little pricey for a drink you can actually make at home. If you don’t want to spend money on the drink and having it delivered to your home, then read on. We will also share with you how to make your own Starbucks medicine ball at home.
What you will need:
- 180 mL or ¾ cups of water
- 180 mL or ¾ cups of lemonade
- 1 bag of citrus mint tea
- 1 bag of peach-flavored tea
- 15 mL or 1 tablespoon of honey
- Lemon slices (Optional)
- Peppermint extract (Optional)
What you need to do:
- Pour the water and lemonade in a saucepan. Let the mixture simmer under medium-high or high heat.
- Remove the saucepan from the stove. Add the citrus mint tea and peach-flavored tea bags. Cover and let it sit for 3 minutes.
- Add the honey and stir.
- Add lemon slices for garnishing. If you want your medicine ball to be extra minty, you may add one drop of peppermint extract and serve.
This recipe is good for 2 servings. If you want your cold buster tea to taste like Starbucks’, you can buy their Peach Tranquility herbal tea and Jade Citrus Mint green tea.
You might also like: How to Tip on the Starbucks App 2023
Frequently asked questions
How many calories does the medicine ball contain?
Since the Starbucks medicine ball is herbal, it contains less calories compared to the other popular drinks on their menu. Here’s a breakdown of the nutrients the medicine ball contains (based on a grande sized drink):
- Calories: 130
- Total Carbohydrates: 32 g
- Caffeine: 16 mg
- Sodium: 10 mg
- Total Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Sugars: 30 g
- Dietary Fiber: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
- Protein: 0 g
The Starbucks medicine ball may contain a little too much sugar. If you want your cold buster drink less sweet, you can always modify your drink when placing your order.
How does the Starbucks medicine ball work?
Although the Starbucks medicine ball is not part of your doctor’s prescription, the ingredients should give us a clue on what it does. The vitamin C from the lemonade, the honey, and the teas it contains could help you soothe your sore throat and colds.
You might also like: How to Add Starbucks Gift Card to the App (2023)
I still have some of the medicine ball left. Can I still drink it?
Yes. Since the Starbucks medicine ball is best served warm, you may reheat it. Just place it in your microwave until it’s warm. Make sure to remove the lid first!
Is the medicine ball safe for pregnant women?
Although the Starbucks medicine ball contains lemongrass and caffeine, the content is very little and would not cause any harm to pregnant women. You can always consult your doctor first before taking a medicine ball to be sure.
Now that we’ve shared with you how to order a medicine ball on the Starbucks app, you can try and enjoy this cold buster drink whenever you want. Let us know what you think about the medicine ball drink in the comment section!
You might also like: How to Order Decaf on Starbucks App