Seeing a location on a smartphone or tablet is a valuable thing, from confirming the safety of a loved one to an emergency response. A modern GPS tracker makes all this possible. Whether you seek a free tracking app or one with a reasonable cost, you’ve come to the right place in this review.
What Is a Phone Tracking App?
A phone tracking app is advanced legal spyware that secretly lets you view all activities linked to a monitored device. It can (but not limited to):
- Read messages on SMS, email, instant messengers, and social media apps
- Capture calls and other voice-based content
- View multimedia files
- Observe browsing history
Of course, an online mobile tracker can also view a phone’s location. With so many options on the market, how do you choose the best one?
How to Choose a Suitable Phone Tracker
- Ease of use: As with any technology, a user-friendly interface makes any app enjoyable while performing at its best.
- Cost: It all depends on how long you need a tracking app. A phone tracker free online may be sufficient if you need it for a short period. Alternatively, you could look for reasonably-priced software for long-term needs.
- Features: While a service can perform many tasks, ensure it caters to your most necessary needs.
- Operating system support: an online mobile tracker should work for both Android and iOS devices to be versatile.
- Apps with no rooting required: some software needs you to ‘root’ or ‘jailbreak’ the device to access everything it can do. This can usually have downsides on that gadget. So, it’s best to choose services where rooting isn’t obligatory.
Top Choices for a Mobile Location Tracker App
Let’s briefly review the best app options to track location, looking at their basic features, prices, and advantages and disadvantages.
Mobile Tracker Free: Best Free Mobile Location Tracker App
Mobile Tracker Free is an all-inclusive free mobile location tracker. It offers sufficient features, from gaining access to social media accounts to capturing screenshots. The app also has a GPS tracker with anonymous real-time tracking and geofencing.
Although Mobile Tracker Free is free, the app has paid versions. Depending on the package, you get no ads, greater data storage, more live viewing sessions, remote control, and more.
- A live mobile tracker free with adequate features
- Comprehensive phone spying app
- Compatible with Android and iOS
- Affordable paid plan
- No geofencing
- Limited customer service
GEOfinder: Best for No-Installation Location Tracking
GEOfinder is a simple-to-use yet robust mobile tracker that tracks any device’s location with its phone number. This is regardless of the mobile operating system, brand, or network. The best part of GEOfinder is that no installation is necessary on the intended gadget.
Still, some skillful deception is needed to track someone. GEOfinder sends an innocent-looking message to the target, which is a link they should click to share their location. Other abilities of GEOfinder include an IP logger, WiFi tracker, and VPN checker. Using GEOfinder costs $39.99 monthly.
- No installation is necessary
- Unlimited location requests every 5 minutes
- Functions with all mobile carriers and phone brands
- $1 trial for 48 hours offered (given via live chat)
- Needs the target to click a link before seeing their location
- Pricey monthly subscription
uMobix: Best for Android And iOS Location Tracking
uMobix is an advanced cell phone tracker with abilities for monitoring social media, multimedia streaming, calls, and even recovering deleted info. It’s also a competent GPS mobile location tracker app.
uMobix also boasts a no-installation geolocation system like Geofinder to find a handset’s location using its phone number. The app caters to both Android and iOS devices and costs $49.99 monthly, $89.97 quarterly, and $149.88 annually. It offers a 48-hour $1 trial that you can ask for through the service’s live chat or find online on some sites.
- Compatible with Android and iOS
- 24/7 live chat and email customer support
- Real-time location updates
- No rooting or jailbreak is necessary
- Remote control over targeted device’s settings
- iOS handsets get fewer features compared to Android
- Only one device can be monitored per subscription
Which App Offers the Best Value?
Mobile Tracker Free is an excellent option with affordable plans and limited free use. While uMobix is more expensive, it provides the most comprehensive experience. It’s also a huge advantage that the app is compatible with Android and iOS. GEOfinder may be suitable only for those who want to view location and nothing else and have no access to the target device.
Some may think of a mobile IMEI tracker instead, with offers bustling online claiming to be free. However, they are far from wanted and are the same location trackers as in the article above. Only police or carrier providers can track phones by IMEI.