Are you at your relative’s house? Want to connect your Android phone to their wifi by viewing an already connected Android device? or Imagine you are at your friend’s house and you want to connect to his/her wifi without disturbing them. What can you do? Well, do not worry if you don’t know what to do. In this blog, we will read about How to view saved wifi password on android.
It’s true that Android offers a lot of features that other mobile operating systems don’t. But, at the same time, it lacks some basic features. For example, Android doesn’t allow users to view the saved WiFi passwords.
Although Google introduced the password viewing option on Android 10, the older versions of Android still lacks this useful feature. So, to view the saved WiFi passwords on an older Android version, you need to use a third-party app and your Android device needs to be rooted.
How to view the saved WiFi passwords on Android 10
If you are using android 10, there’s no need to root your phone. All you have to do is follow the steps below.
● Go to wifi settings.
● Scroll down and click on the “Save Networks” Option.
● Now you will see all the saved networks on your phone.
● Choose the wifi that you would like to see the password of, and then click on the share button.
● Now you will see a QR code and password written below it.
That’s it. It is as simple as that in Android 10. Moreover, in Android 10, you can use this QR code to connect to the network, instead of copying the password. But what if you have an android phone running below Android 10? Let us now read how you can view saved passwords in Android 9 or older?
How to view saved wifi password on Android 9 or older
To view saved wifi password on Android 9 or below, first of all, you Phone needs to be rooted. Let us now read the stepwise method on how to view saved wifi password after rooting your android phone.
Wifi Key Recovery is a free tool that requires root access to show saved WiFi passwords on your Android phone.
● Install the WIFI password viewer app. You can download it from the play store for free.
● After you installed it, you need to grant the Root Permissions. Grant it the required permissions, and then you will see all the saved wifi networks.
● Now again, like the previous method, click on the share button. Copy the password to your clipboard, or send it to WhatsApp.
We may need to see saved wifi passwords for various reasons. There are only a few ways to see all saved wifi passwords on Android. We have mentioned both of them in this post. To read more such tips and tricks for your Android device, make sure you visit our website regularly.