Washing the wool and other winter clothes could cause a bit of a headache. Many people worry about their favourite garment shrinking when it is quite expensive. These are methods for washing these woollen clothes and give a hassle-free solution. You can also get your clothes perfectly cleaned and ironed as new with the best washing and ironing services. Below are some of the laundry tips which help to make this process easier.
Washing and Cleaning Winter Clothes:
The main trick of washing wool is to balance the need for heat to tackle stains. It is also quite important to make sure that the heat is not intense as it can damage the fabrics. Normally, wool is stain-resistant and odour resistant. These are also naturally crease-resistant, so they require only less washing compared to other clothing.
Caring for the wool is much easier and gentle. You can either wash wool clothes in a washing machine or hand-wash them with ease. For Sweaters, scarves, or other winter-clothes cleaning, you need to take special care to remain as good as new. Main reason is that the wool is not like that of synthetic fabrics or cotton.
These are delicate natural fibres that require to be completely hand washed as well as it requires to be handled gently. So it will not be pulled out of the shape. Set the appropriate temperature to ensure the winter clothes are more effective.
How to wash wool in a Washing Machine at Home?
Washing wool in the washing machine is quite easy. Many woollen garments can be machine-washed at the same time. You can simply machine wash your piece of wool clothing as they are completely safer even for the multiple times. These winter clothes do not shrink while washing at the set temperature.
Wool clothes need to be washed only on Wool settings or 40°C. Some washing machines do not have the wool cycle. So you can simply choose cold water for getting a delicate wash.
- Use only mild and neutral detergents for winter clothes
- Garments need to be flat-dried after washing
- The washing machine or tumble dryer has the Wool symbol on it. So, it indicates that the machine has passed the independent or rigorous testing.
How to wash a Wool Jumper?
Before washing the woollen jumper, it is best to check the tag on the clothes. These would be providing the complete washing instructions along with setting the appropriate temperature. Some also tempt you to cut clothing tags out, but these contain complete information about how to care for your clothes. You can conveniently wash the woolen jumper by availing the laundry services in London. Follow the below instructions for washing the wool jumper.
- Use a maximum temperature of 30 degrees
- Put wool in a mesh laundry bag to protect the spin
- Use a mild detergent, and these are ideal for washing wool
- Check the label first for specific instructions
- Make sure the wool jumper is completely dry before storing it in the closet to avoid musty smells.
- Leave the wool jumper dry on a flat surface for storing
Normally, dry cleaning the winter clothes will be quite expensive. When you know the right tips about washing these winter clothes, then you can save your money.
How to wash a Wool Blanket?
Washing the wool blanket especially involves a similar process as the above. You can also go for hand washing or even use a machine for washing the winter clothes. Follow the below tips for easily washing the woollen blankets.
- Check whether wool blankets fit into washing machine drum as these are a bit larger
- Consider taking a wool blanket to a launderette when the blanket doesn’t fit.
- You can also Hand wash the clothes as directed above.
- Set the blanket to be spread out for drying naturally in the open space.
- Avoid leaving directly in the sunlight for too long to avoid colour fade.
- For the machine washing, you can simply avoid using powder detergents
- Powder detergents are harsh on wool, so you can choose the mild liquid detergent
- Always Turn the woolen clothes inside out so you can easily wash them using a delicate cycle
- Wash using cold water or lukewarm
- Add the extra cycle for a thorough rinse out wool garment
- Run wool garments separately
Are you looking for reliable laundry, dry cleaning and ironing services for your winter clothes? Hello Laundry is the all in one destination for finding all the clothes cleaning services in the United Kingdom (UK). Expert is proud to provide you with same-day laundry service, ironing service, and dry cleaning dry cleaning. Contact the professionals to get free pick-up and delivery within 24 hours across Birmingham, Essex, and London.